photo tatle_zps56214b9e.png

Monday, February 11, 2013

Lean Lasagnas








I was craving lasagna, but I've been trying my damnedest to avoid pasta, and bread, so I decided to rework the mini lasagnas I made a while ago!! Here's my recipe:

Preheat oven to 350

               2 cups fat free cottage cheese
               1 pound 94% lean ground turkey
               1 can crushed tomatoes
               1 tablespoon reduced fat butter spread
               1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
               Salt, Pepper, Basil, Oregano to taste
               Banyan Brand Wonton Wrappers (this brand is fat free)

1. Melt the butter in a saucepan then add and bring the can of crushed tomatoes to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes with whatever amount of spices you would like.
2. Brown the meat, drain the juice, then add your tomato sauce!
3. Simmer meat with sauce for 5 minutes
4. Line a cupcake pan with two wontons for the bottom layer, then add a bit of meat sauce.
5. Top the meat with cottage cheese, then a sprinkle of Parmesan, leaving room for another layer.
6. Add one more wonton wrapper, pressing it down around the edges.
7. Add meat and the cheeses on more time, or as many layers as you think you can fit, and pop these bad boys in the oven for 10-15 minutes!!




2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this looks so good! I just found your blog through Wonder Forest and I am your newest follower!
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to have gained a new reader! This recipe is 100% delicious, so I would recommend it any day. Keep on reading, and I will try and post even tastier recipes!!

      Delete